Loretta LaRoche is an acclaimed speaker, author and international stress management and humor consultant who has evoked wit and irreverent humor on her audience for over 30 years. Using humor to reframe a stressful situation, Loretta captures a new perspective on the difficult parts of life. Her teaching style, credibility and incontestable humor are integral parts to her compelling presence.
She is on the Mass General advisory council for anxiety and depression and is founder and president of The Humor Potential, Inc, a company offering programs and products for life style management. Loretta’s special brand of optimistic psychology has an undeniable positive effect on the health of all that are exposed to her.
Loretta LaRoche writes a weekly newspaper column titled, 'Get a Life', Sane Wisdom for an Insane World, which is featured in the Patriot Ledger every Monday and syndicated throughout the country by GateHouse Media.
Loretta has "Sold Out" venues across the country with her outrageous one woman show; Boston Symphony Hall, The Hanover Theatre, Emerson Magestic, Berklee Perfoming Arts Center, Providence Performing Arts Theatre , Palace Theatre in Albany NY, Capital Centre for the Arts in Concord NH, Stadium Theatre, Telus Center in Canada just to name a few.
Loretta has toured with The Power Within sharing the stage with Lance Armstrong, Former President Bill Clinton, Ellen DeGenres, Anthony Robbins and many other great leaders.
As an acclaimed author, she has toured with the Hay House, "I Can Do It!"conferences. She has shared the stage with acclaimed authors such as, Dr. Christian Northrup, Suze Orman, Louise Hay, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Collette Baron Reid, Lisa Williams, Cesar Millan and more.
Organizations worldwide use Loretta's prescription for laughter to manage stress in the workplace and improve morale. Her energetic conferences and keynotes serve to improve learning skills and leave her audiences in an enthusiastic frame of mind. Clients such as IBM, The New York Times, Fidelity Investments, Microsoft, the U.S. Dept. of Labor, Huffington Post, The Swatt Institute and NASA, just to name a few, have used her material to defeat stress. She is a well-recognized TV personality on PBS with seven one-woman television specials airing on 80 PBS stations across the country and a Hay House best-selling author of 8 books. She has been nominated for local and prime time Emmy Awards, and has appeared on CNN, ABC, NBC and FOX affiliates.
- Humor Your Stress, PBS 1995
- How Serious Is This?, PBS, 1997
- Relax, You Only Live Once, PBS, 1999
- Parenting with Humor, The Humor Potential 1999
- Get A Life, PBS 2001
- The Joy of Stress, PBS, 2002
- Life Is Short Wear Your Party Pants, PBS and Hay House , 2002
- Life is Not a Stress Rehearsal, Better Life Media 2006
- Whine, Woman & Song (The Wit & Wisdom of Womanhood)
- How to be a Wild, Wise and Witty Woman, Brilliant Pictures
- How to Prevent Hardening of the Attitude
- Juicy Living, Juicy Aging, PBS, 2009
- LaRoche, L. Joy Journal. Loretta LaRoche, Laurie Donnelly Plymouth, MA: The Humor Potential, 1997, 2005
- LaRoche, L. Life is Short – Wear Your Party Pants. [Jill Kramer] Carlsbad, CA: Hay House, 2003
- LaRoche, L. Squeeze the Day. Carlsbad, CA: Hay House, 2006
- LaRoche, L. Kick Up Your Heels Before You’re Too Short to Wear Them.[Jill Kramer] [First Edition] Plymouth: Humor Potential, 2007
- LaRoche, L. Happy Talk. [Jill Kramer] [First Edition] Carlsbad, CA: Hay House. 2007
- LaRoche, L. Juicy Living, Juicy Aging. [Jill Kramer] Carlsbad, CA: Hay House, 2007
- LaRoche, L. Relax: You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left. [Jill Kramer] Carlsbad, CA: Hay House, 2008
- LaRoche, L. Lighten Up! The Authentic and Fun Way to Lose Your Weight and Your Worries. [Jill Kramer] Carlsbad, CA: Hay House, 2009
- Contributing Author: Books
- Benson H, Stuart E, Staff of the Benson-Henry Institute. The Wellness Book. New York: Carol, 1992.
- Contributing Author: Magazines
- Diane Magazine, A Curves International Publication
- Prevention Magazine, A Rodale, Inc. Publication
- Health Magazine, A Time, Inc. Publication (A division of Time Warner)
- Newspaper Publications:
- Get A Life, weekly column, Gateway Media, Inc. http://www.gatehousemedia.com/publications
- Womans World Magazine, 2011
- Local and prime time Emmy award nominee
- The National Humor Treasure Award
- Honorary Ph.D., LaSalle University, Newton, Massachusetts
- Humanitarian Award, MSPCC
- Woman of the Year, Massachusetts Girl Scouts
- Alumni of the Year, Hofstra University
- The Walter C. Alvarez Memorial Award for Medical Writing presented by The American Medical Writers Association, Oct 2004
- Inducted into the Friars Club, New York City, September 2009